Thursday, December 1, 2011

Lesson 8 Memo

DATE: 1 December 2011
TO: Professor Romina Kline
FROM: Jasmine Lowery
SUBJECT: Euthanasia



For my research paper I am aspired to write about euthanasia or assisted suicide. I plan to answer if euthanasia should be a way of relieving ill people of their pain, saving people from the torments of their illness. My thesis: euthanasia is becoming a more debatable topic because of the laws and the beliefs of the American government. If a person is suffering for an incurable disease and is physically incompetent, euthanasia should be patient or their families’ final decision. I have a few other topics in mind to write about such as vegetarianism really a good lifestyle decision, or families facing fines for the extremities of recycling in a foreign country.

I have done some research on the two types of euthanasia. And I have done research about countries where euthanasia is legal like the Netherlands. My targeted audience for my paper is physicians, doctors, and ill people. I am planning to go to my local military post library to gather broader information on my topic. I am using the internet to find reliable sources as well. I also am downloading books onto my kindle so my information is with me everywhere, all of this can help me have more of an insight on my topic.

May I have your approval of my topic by 4 December 2011? If you do not approve of my topic if you would, please recommend other more suggestions.

1 comment:

  1. This memo has some pretty glaring sentence structure problems. But the concept of the proposed essay is fine. Go for it.

    ReplyDelete