Monday, October 10, 2011

Lesson 5

Is anyone spending lengthy amounts of time finishing assignments? I spend several hours trying to complete assignments I feel as though I am kind of neglecting my other classes to focus on this one? It’s not that I write and type slow it’s my planning that slows me down. I tried writing in a place where I have no distracts or disruptions it seems to be working alright. Does anyone have any better suggestions?
Which technique has been the most valuable for me and what technique would I not use again?
 Idea mapping and the pro and con technique is working the best for me. These techniques helped me revised my essay for lesson 4. Free writing does not work very well for me I tend to stay on topic at first then I tend to drift off and write about other things.

What have I learned about myself during this lesson?
I have learned that my writing needs to improve, but I know this class will help my writing progress.

What have a learned from the textbooks of this course?
By reading the chapters I get a deeper understanding of the assignments. Love reading so going through the textbooks is not boring for me.

What have you learned about your instructor’s expectations of you?
Professor Kline has been nothing kind to me. I like to print out my rubrics and essays review her comments so I know where I am going wrong. She seems like a professor that wants her students to get the best out of their work.

Whose blog did I read and comment on?
I read and commented on Doug’s blog doug-m.blogspot.com he is struggling to complete assignments I suggested that using a timer for planning and writing might help maintain a better pace.Or working in a place where there are no distractions and disruptions.





2 comments:

  1. Free writing has been weird for me as well, but I kind of like it. It gets me writing and I think that is the hardest part. Do you put anything over the screen when you free write?

    I am also feeling like I am neglecting other classes just to keep my head above water in this class.

    Have you tried to get up a little earlier for a dedicated time to the assignments? It might make it easier to concentrate especially after a good cup of coffee.

    You are doing good keeping up as far as I can see, I don't even have any blog posts yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This course carries a warning in its title--the X in English 111X. That X means this course is at LEAST twice as much work as any ordinary course. It is a ton of work. The course catalog warns students to take fewer other courses than normal.

    ReplyDelete