Evaluation of supporting evidence for my revised claim
To revise my essay I used three sources my original paper and two websites. The first website I used was www.familycircle.com the website explains how adapting to change extends life and strengthens the body and mind. The second website I used was www.JoanBorysenko.com she is a Harvard Psychologist and author of various novels. One of her novels grasped my attention Mending the body Minding the Mind explains how to cope with changes mentally, emotionally, and socially how to deal with stress. All three sources were a major help to complete my assignment.
Which of the task from Writing Arguments did I find most helpful and why?
The pre-writing task that I found most helpful was the believing and Doubting Game because it made my ideas more structural. The other task I used was free writing or blind writing it worked at first then I caught myself drifting off and writing about things that had nothing to do with my essay. So the believing and doubting game worked best for me.
Which genre of argument Would I most Likely write?
The genre of argument I would most like to use is letters to an editor because at times I can be very opinionated. I also would like to use a visual argument I would love to inform readers with artistic perspective using persuasive and compelling words with drawings and graphics.
Did I ask anyone to make any recommendations? How is an argument both a process and a product?
For this essay I did not ask for anyone’s help I just felt as though it was not need. An argument is both a process and a product because the process brings forth defensive ideas to persuade and inform the reader to make them feel what they are reading is credible.
How did the previewing sections of a book help me understand the material?
Previewing the sections gave me highlights of what to expect in the chapters but since some of the material was new and interesting I just read the chapters.
Whose blog did I read and response to?
I responded to Jody’s blog alaskahousewife.blogspot.com her article for lesson 3 was controversial. The article was about this economist guy posting on his blog about how the 9/11 hero were overrated and 9/11 has pushed everyone apart instead of together. I was not in New York during 9/11 but I can’t help but wash up the memories of how I felt in elementary school watching the deplorable and devastating event on television.
The point of previewing is to prevent you from reading the text before you know what you will be reading. You should be prepared for what the text reveals before you get there. You need to read the entire book, cover to cover, several times to get the most from it.
ReplyDelete