Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Deadly Snake Bite!

I have a four year old Yorkshire Terrier, named Achilles he is six pounds and two ounces. 
Yesterday,Achilles got bit by a deadly Korean Tiger Snake!The snake bit him on his back right paw. I took him to the vet they told me to keep the funnel on his head and give him benadryl. The vet said the snake did not penetrate that much venom into his paw. But, his paw is really red and extremely swollen he keeps whining and crying.The vet said there is not any serious damage but I'm still worried and so freaked out! Is there anyone that knows a lot about snakes and bites tell me if I can do anything else so my puppy can get better?



The Tiger Snake is one of the four venomous species of the Mamushi genus it is related to the American Cottonmouth snake. The Tiger snake is found in various places such as America, Australia and Asia.The tiger snake affects the blood and nervous system causing the wound to swell and bleed.


1 comment:

  1. Yikes! I hope your dog gets better. I don't know anything about snakes, but maybe you can get a second opinion from another vet if your puppy doesn't get better. That video is creepy!

    ReplyDelete